Tuesday, October 19, 2010

carib mon.

So my island adventure had been amazing thus far! The job is going great. Super hard work, but wonderful partners and an incredible atmosphere to live in! Last week, I even got the chance to meet with the Prime Minister of Antigua & Barbuda. Borderline terrifying, but absolutely wonderful. He was so sweet.

I feel blessed to be in such a beautiful location. My weekends are like vacations, and we have definitely made the most of it. Last weekend, we flew to Barbuda for the day. Although I risked death on the tiny (and I mean tiny) plane there, it was well worth it. They actually have pink beaches. It was surreal. We also hiked a little and went through some caves, which was fun despite the million degree Fahrenheit weather. This past weekend, we went swimming with stingrays. Very scary, but so great. They were as big as me and felt like gigantic mushrooms.

Fun fact: The one thing I am missing most about being away from the states is (yes, Chik-fil-a – I can’t even talk about it..) but seeing movies! I’ve been to the cinema twice here, but everything comes out so late. I feel behind, as I usually see a movie once a week in the US right when it comes out. I want to see The Social Network. Jesse Eisenberg is my favorite.

We are finishing up things here in Antigua and will be heading to Barbados later this week. If you didn’t know, Rihanna is from Barbados, so my goal is to see her while I am there. Since Barbados is very developed and has a lot of potential, I will be there for a couple months straight, flying out to other islands as necessary for meetings.

Side note/warning.. When I come home for Christmas holidays, I am going to be awkwardly tan. It feels like Antigua is located less in the Caribbean and more so on the face of the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment